PARENTS: PLEASE READ
Our commitment to keeping the young people we serve safe is always our number one priority. Following the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, it’s important that you know Boys & Girls Clubs of Siouxland is doing everything possible to keep your child, our staff and volunteers protected from its spread. We are also closely monitoring report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our local health department, and our school district for all updated information. As a reminder, we recommend preventive actions every family should take to prevent exposure to COVID-19.
· Avoid close contract with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray and wipe
· Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask:
o The CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
· Wash your hands often:
o Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. It takes an average of 11.8 seconds to sing the entire Happy Birthday song, so if you sing it twice, that will ensure you’ve scrubbed long enough. This is a great method to share with children in your family. While this measure is simple, it is effective.
· If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands soap and water if hands are visibly dirty. For more information about hand washing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
Please know that we are working hard to ensure safety for all kids, families, staff, and volunteers. We will keep you updated and are so grateful for your patience. Should you have any questions or concerns about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact our main office (712-258-5545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Our commitment to you and your children is unwavering.